Monday, November 24, 2014

My Writing Process and What I've Learned

My writing process has drastically improved since the beginning of this class. It really helps to take a project step by step instead of writing everything in one sitting with no organization or planning. I have realized that the more effort you put into planning and organizing an essay the easier it becomes to write. You don't have to sit and think about what you are going to write next because you already have an outline or some guide to the paper. It saves a ton of time in the end. I also think that my perspective of audience has changed and when I write now I think of who will be reading the essay and take that into consideration. I also never considered ethos, pathos, and logos before and how it can be used to strengthen an argument. Using a mixture of the different appeals can be a very effective way of getting a point across. It really helped to be able to have freedom with what we wrote about. For me writing about something that I actually was interested in made it ten times easier and more enjoyable. This class has also opened up my mind to see different ways to be an author through the multi modal project.

No comments:

Post a Comment